twitter




Sunday, October 11, 2009

Will closing younger accounts raise my credit rating?

I've read that having longer-term accounts results in a higher credit rating. Does that mean if I pay off and close a more recently opened credit card my credit rating will go up?


How is this metric generated? Is it the average age of one's revolving accounts?

Will closing younger accounts raise my credit rating?
If you have had an account for a while with a good payment history, that affects your score positively. A "younger" account would not have as long a payment history.





However, it's the amount of available credit you have that will lower your score. Rating services consider someone with a lot of available credit (i.e. a lot of credit cards) as a credit risk.

ginkgo

No comments:

Post a Comment