twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

What rate do you think i'll get on a new car with my credit rating (700-750)?

I haven't checked my credit in about a year, but when i did it was 740. I've bought a house since then, not sure how that effects it.





Anyway, i want to get a new car for about $20,000. what kind of rates will i get?


Also, what kind of rates will i expect on a used car?

What rate do you think i'll get on a new car with my credit rating (700-750)?
Using my credit union as an example, you could get a 6.49% loan on a car that is a 2005 or newer (they treat them all as "new"). Used vehicles run 7.75%. We have a pre-approval program, too, so when you talk to the dealer it is a cash deal as far as they are concerned.





Some dealers, e.g. Toyota, are offerring 0% or 1.9% financing. More than the financing, be smart about what price you pay. Go to kelly Blue Book's web site kbb.com and find the dealer's cost. That's closest to the price you should be paying. Happy car hunting.


No comments:

Post a Comment