twitter




Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have been a victim of credit card fraud and stolen ID. How can I repair my now bad credit rating. Cheap!?

I would like to avoid bankruptsy. This is an old case.

I have been a victim of credit card fraud and stolen ID. How can I repair my now bad credit rating. Cheap!?
I need more info before giving you any good advice.





You can find more info here:





http://www.safelinked.info/jump.php?link...





All the best to you.
Reply:You should dispute the fraud items with the credit bureaus and the creditors. You have to file a police report to let the creditors know you are serious.





If this is a case of a relative who used your ID and you don't want to press charges or get them in trouble, then you are stuck with the trashed credit.





Derogatory items fall off your credit report 7-1/2 years from the date of first deficiency. You may just have to wait it out. The older the item, the less impact on your score.





You may be able to get a secured credit card -- you pay $x deposit which is held as collateral for the line of credit. Use the card and pay it in full every month. You need at least 24 months of consistent, on time payment history to improve your score.

myspaces.com

No comments:

Post a Comment