twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

If my pre-approval for a mortgage is declined, does that affect my credit rating?

My bank arranged for a pre-qual letter and then I asked for a pre-approval letter. They declined the pre-approval because I was out of the country and did not supply more information about my funds which are mostly in Canada. Is this decline going to show up on my credit report?

If my pre-approval for a mortgage is declined, does that affect my credit rating?
Pre-quals just mean according to what you have stated on the application the lender believes you qualify for a loan. A pre-approval means you have given them the necessary documents to verify every thing is true and accurate.





Neither one has anything to do with your credit report and will not show up on it. Now if the lender pulled your credit report for the loan it may deduct a point or two, but that happens anytime you apply for a loan or credit card.





However when getting a loan your interest rate, and amount of your loan will be determined by your credit report/score , and income to debt ratio.





Hope this helps.
Reply:No, the decline won't show up on your credit file. They declined because you didn't give them all the documents.


No comments:

Post a Comment